We are a full-service, not-for-profit, financial cooperative serving over 23,000 members. The majority of our member base is within Niagara County, we serve members who live across the United States.
The credit union was founded in 1953 by a small group of employees of the former Hooker Chemical Company. In 1989 the credit union was renamed OxyChem Niagara Federal Credit Union to coincide with Hooker Chemical becoming Occidental Chemical (OxyChem). In 2004 the credit union received approval to open up membership to all persons who live, work, worship, volunteer or attend school in Niagara County. OxyChem FCU then became Niagara’s Choice FCU to better reflect the people we serve.
Niagara’s Choice FCU, merged with Niagara County FCU on December 1, 2012 to become what is now a 5 branch, $148 million, 50 employee credit union. Niagara’s Choice is currently the 2nd largest credit union, asset wise, headquartered in WNY.
While we have changed over the years, what will not change is the commitment to serving our members!